Keeping track of your credit score is critical to maintaining a favorable credit score. In Nigeria, you must contact a credit bureau such as Firstcentral Credit Bureau, where you will fill out a credit score checker form and your credit score will be sent to you in a short time.
Things You Should Note
- A credit score is important in determining whether or not a lender will grant credit.
- Many banks and financial organizations use the FICO rating system.
- Repayment history, loan kinds, credit history duration, and an individual’s total debt are all factors in credit score.
- Credit usage, or the percentage of available credit that is currently being used, is one metric used in generating a credit score.
- Closing a credit account that isn’t being utilized isn’t always a good idea because it can affect a person’s credit score.
If you find anything out of the ordinary while reviewing your credit history or credit score, you can dispute it by going through the proper channels.
Filing a dispute has no effect on your credit score; however, your credit score may be affected if the information on your credit report changes after your dispute is resolved.